Steps For Becoming a H-2B Employer

1.  Pre-filing recruitment:

    - Acquire a prevailing wage determination

2.  Submit Application for Labor Certification to U.S. Department of Labor (USDOL).

     Once Application is accepted by USDOL - Recruitment Activities begin:


    - USDOL directs SWA to open Job Order with local State Workforce Agency (SWA).
    - Employer begins accepting referrals from SWA.
    - Publish employment ad
    - If applicable, contact local union
    - If appropriate, contact laid off workers
    - Complete Summary of Recruitment Activities
    - Submit addition supporting evidence if required.

3.  USDOL makes Labor Certification determinations.

4.  Submit Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

5.  Receive approved petition from USBCIS.

6.  Workers apply to U.S. Department of State (at Consulate office in workers home country).

7.  Workers report to work.

     - For worker obligations, click HERE.

Contact Us

Tel. 972.442.4244

Toll Free. 1.866.442.8472

Fax. 972.429.2134


PO Box 363

Wylie, Texas 75098

© 2017 by Action Visa Assistance. Proudly created by Rocket to the Stars.

* Action Visa Assistance is not a law firm we are employer agents. In no way do we provide legal advice: the service we provide is based on past experience and success using the H2 programs. Should you feel you need legal advice, please contact a board certified attorney.